Monday, September 26, 2011

Here comes the future bride!

For five days I headed out to Arizona to celebrate Sasha's wedding shower!  I flew in Friday night and while I was on the plane I received two voicemails to set up interviews!  It was an awesome way to start the weekend.  I spent the night with Moody and Maggie.  It was so great to see my friends and just hang at their new apartments/condos.  On Saturday we went to the shower!  It was hosted by a family friend of Sasha's and she did a wonderful job!  She made tons of finger foods and desserts that were delicious! 

We played a few games and watched Sasha open her presents.  It was a fabulous afternoon and I cannot wait for the wedding in San Diego in November!  After the shower we decided to go bowling.  None of us are professional bowlers however we definitely survived without bumpers. 


The restaurants in Arizona got the coolest new Coke dispensers!  It is all touch screen and once you pick your base pop you can then choose to add all sorts of flavorings such as cherry or vanilla.  You then push a button and it dispenses into the cup.  Very high tech!

 Sunday Moody and I headed up to Cjo's apartment and laid by the pool.  Her place is great!  They have cabanas by the pool, multiple grills and these couches to lounge on.  We laid in the cabana then decided to grill out for dinner. 

The Chelseas at the "new" cabana

Maggie and Sash joined us for dinner and a fun night at Cjo's apartment.  I stayed with Cjo and then went to Janis' the following afternoon.  It was such a wonderful break from my long study days and I always love visiting my friends and the Fitch's.  After a fabulous 5 day vacation I headed back to Des Moines.  The great news is that I will see Moody the last week of September as she is coming to visit me before we to Chicago for a few days of fun!  Then I am looking forward to Sasha's wedding and to spending a weekend with the greatest friends in San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment