Monday, September 26, 2011

The Big Red Experience

After my return from Arizona, Bry and I tried out a new restaurant.  We have tried numerous new places however this place had some of the largest rice krispie treats I have seen.  Plus, they were delicious!

I also experienced my first Nebraska Husker football game.  It was an experience to say the least.  I have never seen that much red in one place!  It is unreal and the pictures do not do it justice.  We scalped two tickets and ended up getting them for less than face value and were in the 49th row.  Not bad.  We walked through campus, saw the Beta and Chi O houses, visited the bar Bryan worked at during undergrad and ended at the massive stadium.  It holds more than 85,000 people.  Unreal!  During tailgating, they hand out balloons for everyone to release when the Huskers score their first touchdown.  Then everyone in the student section takes off on shoe and raises their shoe in the air like we raise and jingle our keys.  The first time it happened it made me laugh cause it looks silly. 

The elevators at one of the places on campus

Seriously unreal how much red is in the stadium!

The boxes.  Can you believe they are actually building more?
The game was great!  Nebraska won and the whole experience was very cool.  Just in case you were wondering, I actually wore Nebraska gear to the game.  I am sure that will be a rare occurrence!

No comments:

Post a Comment