Sunday, August 7, 2011

My new place!

This past weekend I went to visit Des Moines and Bryan but I also got the keys to my new loft!  I haven't seen the place for a few months so I was starting to forget what it looked like.  When I saw it on Friday it was better than I remembered! 
Bryan in front of our larger than life numbers on the side of the building.
 My place is on the 2nd floor and is just over 1000 sq. ft.  I have one bedroom and one and a half baths. 

My Kitchen
My living room
 Also, my closet is bigger than my bathroom at my last house so I'm pretty excited for that!  I guess I need to go clothes shopping so I can be sure to fill it up!  Plus the loft has a great covered patio!  I need to get some patio furniture because I just want to be able to sit outside and drink wine! 
The patio which is covered so I can even sit out here in the rain!
So Friday morning I met with the property manager, got the keys and my own parking spot.  Then my mom and I moved my furniture into the apartment while Bryan was at work.  Afterwards, my mother and I went furniture shopping because I need a couch and a TV.  I found one and am hoping it will be delivered the first week that I am a permanent resident of Des Moines. 
The new couch
My mom left Saturday morning and Bryan and I spent my birthday frolicking around town.  We went to look at gyms to join and did join one.  Then we went to lunch, went to purchase the couch and went to a BBQ.  Also, we found an awesome wine bar, Sbrocco!  It is super cute, has a great bartender and the wine was delicious.  They have the neatest wine machine where the wine bottle is hooked up and then it can be served out of a tap-like machine instead of having to be poured.  It was awesome!  Bryan and I decided we would have to be regulars at this place.  Following the wine bar we went to the El Bait Shop which is known for the 110 beers they keep on tap. 
This is part of their wall of taps.  It's pretty incredible!
They even have the specialty beer I love, Tommyknocker Jackwhacker, from the small town in Colorado that is close to my parent's cabin.  I will keep you updated as the furniture is purchased and my loft becomes furnished!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, congrats on starting a blog and joining the blog family!!

    Second, I would be happy to help you fill your closet and hang out at the wine bar and help you try all those 110 beers!! Sign me up!

    Can't wait to hear about all your new adventures!!

    ReplyDelete